Here is an index to my KTH blog “Living a Lagom Life” which has a lot of information which can be helpful for students who are planning to study in Sweden or are currently studying in Sweden.
As of September 2017, I have stopped publishing on my KTH blog, but due to some recent queries, I have updated a number of blogs with the latest information from 2018. There are a large number of posts on this blog with countless tips and information for new students along with my experience of living in Stockholm as a KTH student. And yes, a lot of travel blogs that can inspire you to travel around.
Being a chronologically indexed blog, the posts from these topics are mixed up in the timeline and some of the information might get outdated with time. For ease of exploring among these posts, I have sorted them here according to the genre; This will help people who come here looking for something specific. Here’s how I’ve divided the posts:
- Information Pools: Dedicated information pools with links to blogs related to Admission Guides and Traveling (all those blogs are present here as well)
- Life in Stockholm: Blog posts sharing my experience as a Stockholmer.
- Travel Blogs: Plenty of photos and helpful tips from my traveling experiences in Europe.
(I highly recommend seeing the photoblog series from my road trip to Norway)
- Life at KTH: Sharing some unique experiences at KTH.
- KTH Admission & Pre-departure Guide: Everything you need to know if you plan to apply to KTH.
- Stockholm Guide: New student in Stockholm, general information about public transport, exploring the town and few more basic things to help you settle down.
- Career Talks: Some useful career advice for students of KTH, tips for CV and looking jobs, thesis etc. I recommend reading the blog with tips for writing a good CV.
★ – Popular Blog | ★★ – Very Popular Blog | ⚠ – The blog might have outdated info
- Let me take you to Stockholm
Everything you need to know if you are planning to study at KTH or if you have gotten admission at KTH. All the information from application procedure to the formalities after getting admission. And a lot of blog posts with tips for new students.
- Embedded Systems
Some basic information about Embedded Systems master’s programme and links to blog posts related to that.
- My Itchy Travel Feet
A collection of travel blogs from my travels in Europe
Answers to most of the questions that I received from the prospective students in the last two years.
If you are a prospective student, please read this, it will clear a lot of doubts.
Life in Stockholm
- Watching Stockholm from the top ★
A photo blog with recommendations for some of the nice places to see the Stockholm cityscapes.
- Reminiscing the Northern Lights
Some photos from the night when I saw the Northern light for the first time ever!
- Midnight Wanderers: Night outs in Stockholm
I and my friends used to go on night outs quite often exploring the city, some photos from those outings.
- Spring Recap: Valborg
Swedes celebrate the arrival of spring with huge bonfires, the festival is called Valborg. A photo blog.
- A walk in the woods
Times when I was spellbound by the beauty of the forests right in the middle of Stockholm. A photo blog.
- Coldplay LIVE @ Stockholm !! ★
Photos and videos from the concert of one of my favorite bands, Coldplay.
- 10 survival hacks for winters ★
Is it your first winter in Sweden? if yes then this post would be really helpful for you.
- A series of unfortunate events, the sequel ★★
A well-narrated guest blog from my friend Hassan from an evening when we wanted to play Badminton but the universe was against it!
- 500 days in Stockholm ★
Looking back at the experience when I completed 500 days in Stockholm.
- The Norwegian Odyssey ★★
I went for a 5 day, a 3000-kilometer road trip to Norway with my friends, a lot of pictures and stories from the trip.
- From Paris with Love
Pictures from my first trip outside Sweden!
- Spain #1: Barcelona ★
I went for a week to Barcelona in 2016, explored Barcelona for a couple of days.
- Spain #2: Amazing places near Barcelona
In the remainder of the trip, I went to a bunch of day trips outside Barcelona.
- The Estonian Travel Diary
I took a cruise trip from Stockholm to Tallin in Christmas 2015. Pictures from the first cruise experience.
- Italy #1: Trento
In summer 2016, I went to a summer school in Trento, a beautiful valley in the Italian Alps. I stayed there for two weeks, photos of the amazing places in that area.
- Italy #2: Riva Del Garda ★
While staying in Trento, I went for a weekend trip to a town a the northern shore of Italy’s biggest take – Riva del Garda, a must visit place for hikers.
- Italy #3: Venice ★
The best part of our summer school was, we were sponsored a free trip to see Venice.
- Portugal: Easter trip to Lisbon ★
I had gotten sick of seeing snow for almost 6 months, so decided to go to Portugal and see some sun during the Easter 2017 weekend.
- Austria: The amazing mountains of Innsbruck
While going to Italy in 2016, I had traveled via Austria and wanted to go back. In summer of 2017, I decided to go back and explore the place. Turned out to be a good decision.
One of my unsuccessful trips, read to know what happened!
- Exploring Sweden: Sigtuna
If you’re living in Stockholm, just one hour away from the city center, Sigtuna is one of the best day trips.
- Exploring Sweden: Gothenburg
Photos from the time I came for the first time to my new hometown – Gothenburg.
- The longest bus journey of my life!
40 Hours of Traveling 5 Countries (Sweden – Denmark – Germany – Austria – Italy) 2200 kilometers. Sounds interesting, right?
- TRAVEL TIPS: How to plan perfect budget trips ★★
Wondering how I managed to travel so much during my masters, read for some tips on managing finances and time.
Life at KTH
- The Reactor Hall – KTH R1 ★★
Sweden’s first ever nuclear reactor is right at KTH campus, see the pictures.
- The Kista Mentorspace
My favorite place at KTH, to which I owe a lot!
- KTH Innovation and start-ups
Interview with one of my friends who founded a startup which was incubated at KTH Innovation.
- Being the face behind #KTHFaces
I curated a photo project called KTH Faces for two years, the story behind it.
Read all the photo stories here
KTH Admission and Pre-departure guide
- When to know you’re ready for Masters!! ★
Some tips for those who are still undecided on the fact if they should go for Master’s or not!.
- How to pick a university to pursue Masters !! ⚠
Some more tips for looking up for universities
- Application Process for Masters Programmes at KTH ★ ⚠
The application process for masters at KTH. [Written in 2017]
- Finally, it all comes down to money: Expenses and Funding
A general idea of how much you’ll end up spending as an International Student if you come to KTH for your master’s. [Updated: April 2018]
- Cost of Living as a Student in Stockholm
A rough estimate of living costs for students in Stockholm. [Updated: April 2018]
- Admitted to KTH? What next !!!
What to do once you get admission notification? [Updated: April 2018]
- Paving your way to KTH [Useful info for New Admits] ★
How to apply for Swedish Residence permit as a new student and some more tips. [Updated: April 2018]
- FAQ 2017 | FAQ 2016
The FAQs and answers from the last couple of years.
- KTH Accommodation – FAQ, Rent, and Pictures ★ [Updated: April 2018]
Rents and Photos of various KTH Accommodation housings.
- Let’s go Shopping for Sweden ★★
A comprehensive and detailed post about what you should buy if you are coming as a new student to Sweden, a must read if you are coming here.
- Moving out of India to study? – This should definitely help [Akash Gautam] ★
Some useful life advice from famous Indian motivational speaker, Akash Gautam. A guest blog.
- The Ultimate Student Packing List ★★
A packing list, good for anyone packing for studying abroad.
- 30+ Useful Apps for New Students
Few useful recommended apps.
- Information related to “KTH Arrival Days” ★
KTH arranges a myriad of activities for new students including Airport pick-up. Know more!
- The academic system at KTH… A beginners guide! ★
Get to know how things work in the Swedish educational system and what do those course web pages mean.
- Different flavors of Exams at KTH ★
There is no fixed way how your professors will evaluate you at KTH, know more about the exams.
- What to expect from Embedded Systems Master’s ★★
Details of the master’s programme in Embedded Systems.
- Courses that I studied in Embedded Systems Master’s ★★
Details of the master’s programme in Embedded Systems.
KTH & Stockholm Guide
- STHLM Guide #1: Public Transport in Stockholm ★★
A guide to accessing the public transport in Stockholm.
Read More: Ticket Prices of SL
- STHLM Guide #2: Exploring Stockholm ★★
A comprehensive list of places to see in the Stockholm area, if you’re new in Stockholm, this will definitely help.
- STHLM Guide #3: Shopping in Stockholm ★
Where to buy stuff in Stockholm, useful tips
- STHLM Guide #4: Banking for Students in Stockholm
Guide to opening bank account as student
- STHLM Guide #5: Getting a personal number ⚠
Personnumber is one of the most useful things when living in Sweden, know how to get it.
- STHLM Guide #6: Healthcare for International Students in Sweden
Some details about the healthcare facilities in Sweden and how to access them as KTH students.
- Career talk #1: Career options after Master’s in Sweden ★
What options do you have after masters?
- Career Talk #2: Dos and Dont’s for CV & Cover letter in Sweden ★★
A detailed blog with tips for writing CVs and cover letters.
- Career Talk #3: Finding Part-time jobs, Summer Jobs, and Internships ★
Tips for finding summer Jobs and Internships.
- Career Talk #4: Master Thesis Hunting guide
Tips for finding master thesis.
- Career Talk #5: How to look for jobs in Sweden ★★
Tips for finding full-time jobs, I have shared experiences with a bunch of people.
I currently write travel blogs, you can read them here on my new blog “Flight, Camera, Action“: