As of September 2017, I have finished my wonderful two-year journey of being a blogger at KTH. In this time, I published more than 100 blog posts of various genres. However, most of the blog posts revolved around three things: Sharing tips and information for new students, Sharing my experience as a student at KTH, and my favorite – sharing pictures from my travels to various countries in Europe.
Being a blog, the posts from these topics are mixed up in the timeline and some of the information might get outdated with time. For ease of exploring among these posts, I have created this home page with an index of most of the blogs segregated according to the genre; This will help people who come here looking for something specific but end up going through a lot of the stuff that they don’t want to see at that point in time. Here’s how I’ve divided the posts:
- Information Pools: Dedicated information pools with links to blogs related to Admission Guides and Traveling (all those blogs are present here as well)
- Life in Stockholm: Blog posts sharing my experience as a Stockholmer.
- Travel Blogs: Plenty of photos and helpful tips from my traveling experiences in Europe. (I highly recommend to read the blog series from my road trip to Norway)
- Life at KTH: Sharing some unique experiences at KTH.
- KTH Admission & Pre-departure Guide: Everything you need to know if you plan to apply to KTH.
- Stockholm Guide: New student in Stockholm, general information about public transport, exploring the town and few more basic things to help you settle down.
- Career Talks: Some useful career advice for students of KTH, tips for CV and looking jobs, thesis etc. I recommend reading the blog with tips for writing a good CV.
★ – Popular Blog | ★★ – Very Popular Blog
⚠ – Blog was written with the Autumn 2017 session in mind, the information might be outdated, so it’s better to verify the information.
- Let me take you to Stockholm
Everything you need to know if you are planning to study at KTH or if you have gotten admission at KTH. All the information from application procedure to the formalities after getting admission. And a lot of blog posts with tips for new students.
- Embedded Systems
Some basic information about Embedded Systems master’s programme and links to blog posts related to that.
- My Itchy Travel Feet
A collection of travel blogs from my travels in Europe
Answers to most of the questions that I recieved from the prospective students in the last two years.
Life in Stockholm
- Watching Stockholm from the top ★
A photo blog with recommendations for some of the nice places to see the Stockholm cityscapes.
- Reminiscing the Northern Lights
Some photos from the night when I saw the Northern light for the first time ever!
- Midnight Wanderers: Night outs in Stockholm
I and my friends used to go on night outs quite often exploring the city, some photos from those outings.
- Spring Recap: Valborg
Swedes celebrate the arrival of spring with huge bonfires, the festival is called Valborg. A photo blog.
- New Year and the Fireworks
Photos of the new year fireworks 2016, captured from Monteliusvägen.
- A walk in the woods
Times when I was spellbound by the beauty of the forests right in the middle of Stockholm. A photo blog.
- Coldplay LIVE @ Stockholm !! ★
Photos and videos from the concert of one of my favorite bands, Coldplay.
- Now it feels like winter !! 10 survival hacks for this season ★
Is it your first winter in Sweden? if yes then this post would be really helpful for you.
- My First Swedish Diwali
When I invited friends for dinner on Diwali.
- Holi Celebrations at KTH
Photos from Holi celebrations at KTH, the festival of colors.
- Indian Republic day celebrations in Stockholm ★
Celebrations of Indian republic day at Indian Embassy’s India house
- A series of unfortunate events, the sequel ★★
A well-narrated guest blog from my friend Hassan from an evening when we wanted to play Badminton but the universe was against it!
- 500 days in Stockholm ★
Looking back at the experience when I completed 500 days in Stockholm.
- The Norwegian Odyssey ★★
I went for a 5 day / 3000-kilometer road trip to Norway with my friends, a lot of pictures from the trip.
- From Paris with Love
Pictures from my first trip outside of Sweden!
- Spain #1: Barcelona ★
I went for a week to Barcelona in 2016, explored Barcelona for a couple of days.
- Spain #2: Amazing places near Barcelona
In the remainder of the trip, I went to a bunch of day trips outside Barcelona.
- The Estonian Travel Diary
I took a cruise trip from Stockholm to Tallin in Christmas 2015. Pictures from the first cruise experience.
- Italy #1: Trento
In summer 2016, I went to a summer school in Trento, a beautiful valley in the Italian Alps. I stayed there for two weeks, photos of the amazing places in that area.
- Italy #2: Riva Del Garda ★
While staying in Trento, I went for a weekend trip to a town a the northern shore of Italy’s biggest take – Riva del Garda, a must visit place for hikers.
- Italy #3: Venice ★
The best part of our summer school was, we were sponsored a free trip to see Venice.
- Portugal: Easter trip to Lisbon ★
I had gotten sick of seeing snow for almost 6 months, so decided to go to Portugal and see some sun during the Easter 2017 weekend.
- Austria: The amazing mountains of Innsbruck
While going to Italy in 2016, I had traveled via Austria and wanted to go back. In summer of 2017, I decided to go back and explore the place. Turned out to be a good decision.
One of my unsuccessful trips, read to know what happened!
- Exploring Sweden: Sigtuna
If you’re living in Stockholm, just one hour away from the city center, Sigtuna is one of the best day trips.
- Exploring Sweden: Gothenburg
Photos from the time I came for the first time to my new hometown – Gothenburg.
- The longest bus journey of my life!
40 Hours of Traveling 5 Countries (Sweden – Denmark – Germany – Austria – Italy) 2200 kilometers. Sounds interesting, right?
- TRAVEL TIPS: How to travel perfect budget trips ★★
Wondering how I managed to travel so much during my masters, read for some tips on managing finances and time.
Life at KTH
- The Reactor Hall – KTH R1 ★★
Sweden’s first ever nuclear reactor is right at KTH campus, see the pictures.
- The Kista Mentorspace
My favorite place at KTH, to which I owe a lot!
- KTH Innovation and start-ups
Interview with one of my friends who founded a startup which was incubated at KTH Innovation.
- Armada: The KTH Career fair
My experience of working during the career fair.
- SNNC – A party not to miss!
My experience of working as the light and sound director at SNNC.
- Being the face behind #KTHFaces
I curated a photo project called KTH Faces for two years, the story behind it.
- 2 Days at the India-Unlimited Hackathon
When I went to attend the annual hackathon organized by India Unlimited.
- Two weeks at TIME European Summer School
A summary of what we did during the summer school.
KTH Admission and Pre-departure guide
- When to know you’re ready for Masters!! ★
Some tips for those who are still undecided on the fact if they should go for Master’s or not!.
- How to pick a university to pursue Masters !! ⚠
Some more tips for looking up for universities
- Application Process for Masters Programmes at KTH ★ ⚠
The application process for masters at KTH. This blog was written with the Autumn 2017 session in mind, if you are reading this after August 2017, the information might be outdated, please verify the information on the university website.
- Finally, it all comes down to money: Expenses and Funding ⚠
A general idea of how much you’ll end up spending as an International Student if you come to KTH for your master’s. The tuition fee and living expense estimates are for 2017.
- Cost of Living as a Student in Stockholm
A rough estimate of living costs for students in Stockholm, the prices were updated in March 2017.
- Admitted to KTH? What next !!! ⚠
What to do once you get admission notification? This blog was written with the Autumn 2017 session in mind, if you are reading this after August 2017, the information might be outdated, please verify the information on the university website.
- Paving your way to KTH [Useful info for New Admits] ★ ⚠
How to apply for Swedish Residence permit as a new student and some more tips. This blog was written for Autumn 2017 students, please verify the process for getting the residence permit from migration agency website as there might be some changes in it later on.
- FAQ 2017 | FAQ 2016
The FAQs and answers from the last couple of years.
- KTH Accommodation – FAQ, Rent, and Pictures ★ ⚠
Rents and Photos of various KTH Accommodation housings. The rents and pictures are from March 2017 and might change.
- Let’s go Shopping for Sweden ★★
A comprehensive and detailed blog of what you should buy if you are coming as a new student to Sweden, a must read if you are coming here.
- Moving out of India to study? – This should definitely help [Akash Gautam] ★
Some useful life advice from famous Indian motivational speaker, Akash Gautam. A guest blog.
- The Ultimate Student Packing List ★★
A packing list, good for anyone packing for studying abroad.
- 30+ Useful Apps for New Students
Few useful recommended apps.
- The academic system at KTH… A beginners guide! ★
Get to know how things work in the Swedish educational system and what do those course web pages mean.
- Different flavors of Exams at KTH ★
There is no fixed way how your professors will evaluate you at KTH, know more about the exams.
- Embedded Systems Master’s ★★
Details of the master’s programme in Embedded Systems.
KTH Stockholm Guide
- STHLM Guide #1: Public Transport in Stockholm ★★
A guide to accessing the public transport in Stockholm.
- STHLM Guide #2: Exploring Stockholm ★★
A comprehensive list of places to see in the Stockholm area, if you’re new in Stockholm, this will definitely help.
- STHLM Guide #3: Shopping in Stockholm ★
Where to buy stuff in Stockholm, useful tips
- STHLM Guide #4: Banking for Students in Stockholm
Guide to opening bank account as student
- STHLM Guide #5: Getting a personal number ⚠
Personnumber is one of the most useful things when living in Sweden, know how to get it.
- Healthcare for International Students in Sweden
Some details about the healthcare facilities in Sweden and how to access them as KTH students.
- Career talk #1: Career options after Master’s in Sweden ★
What options do you have after masters?
- Career Talk #2: Dos and Dont’s for CV & Cover letter in Sweden ★★
A detailed blog with tips for writing CV and cover letters.
- Career Talk #3: Finding Part-time jobs, Summer Jobs, and Internships ★
Tips for finding summer Jobs and Internships.
- Career Talk #4: Master Thesis Hunting guide
Tips for finding master thesis.
- Career Talk #5: How to look for jobs in Sweden ★★
Tips for finding full-time jobs, I have shared experiences of a bunch of people,